Quote from gkourou »I think it's time for a new Mini-Quiz:
1) How many Fatal Push and how many Terminate and Lightning Bolt in the maindeck? How many in the sideboard?
2) Do you play Opt? If yes, how many pieces? How many number of lands do you prefer?
3) 4 or 3 Street Wraith?
4) Do you play Temur Battle Rage? How many pieces?
5) Young Pyromancer? How many of those?
6) Liliana Of The Veil? How many of those?
7) Sweepers? What kind of?
8) What question would you like to exist, so that you can answer it yourself- and of course if you'd like, answer it yourself!
1) 4 Push, 1 Bolt and 2 Terminates. 0 Copies of any in the SB. I'm just about to trim to 3 Pushes and add 1 more Bolt(3 Push and 2 Bolt conf.) because Bolt is an absurd Magic card and it's very flexible along Snap+ it kills GDS hosers and checks bad matchups like Elves,D and T, etc.
2&3) I'm playing 3 Street Wraith and 1 Sleight along 18 lands. 19 lands flooded me a lot but they ensure you hit your land drops without looking for them agressively via cantripping. I think what Spooly said is somewhat true, being full Turbo Xerox is risky in Modern. I think 19 lands is correct, and 18 could be too. Below 18 you are just playing kind of a different game(not saying it's bad, it's just different, you are less controlish). Street Wraith should be 4 of, but my meta is too agressive and it SB them out in almost every matchup, so i wanted to be kind of preboarded vs my projected field. To mitigate the loss of Wraith and 19th land, i play Sleight which is better at helping you hit land drops(also i think Sleight is the better 1 of and Opt is the better 2 of, if that makes any sense).
4) 1 TBR MB. Not sure if it's any good in the MB, i just know that you SHOULD play at least 1 in your 75.
5)YP is seen in several 5-0´s and succesful lists, but i'm not sure it's good. The times i've tested it, it counteracts against your gameplan of agressively disrupting and then presenting clocks. I think that's how you win most games anyways, especially the bad ones. Against decks you want to play Control, you rarely want to control the board in the ground, you might be better off with a good sweeper and closing the game fast afterwards. I wouldn't play this card unloess there's a crapload of control and midrange in the projected metagame.
6) This card is much better since it's more powerful and fits your gameplan smoother. It's bad when you want it alongside counterspells and Snapcaster, but overall it's too powerful to pass on, and it acts as an alternative win con. Ii'm almost sure the right grindy package is 2 LOTV and 0-1 Last hope.
7) 2 KReturns for me. Anger if the meta is very swung towards GY strategies like CoCo and Dredge.