So I played the game for a long time, roughly 9 years. I quit with the release of Mirrodin and didn't really keep up with the rules at all during that time. The other day I saw some people playing and so I put together a deck. I had a few questions that came up in the course of the day that I was hoping could be clarified.
1. If I'm at 1 life, have Worship in play, control a creature, and my opponent casts Banefire for 5 making it uncounterable/unpreventable, and targets me, do I die or am I reduced to 1 health?
2. When I cast Fact or Fiction and my opponent seperates the drawn cards into 2 piles, do I get to see whats in each pile before I make my choice? If I don't get to see them, why not?
3. When I have a Creakwood Liege in play giving my green creatures +1/+1 and I play a Mycoloth; devouring 1 creature giving it +2/+2, do I get 2 saprolings during my next upkeep or 3?
4. When my opponent announces that he's casting a spell during his main phase, can I respond by casting Orim's Chant to keep that spell from being able to resolve and enter play?
5. When I use a creature's Unearth ability, can that creature be countered? (I said that its not counterable, but he said it was.)
i figured the mycoloth thing was different counters but someone was telling me i was wrong, so why not ask.
with fact or fiction i'd always played it so that i got to see what was in each pile, as did most of my friends, but the last game i used it in my opponent kept insisting that they were hidden despite reveal being clearly stated on the card.
edit: and as for the unearth thing, the dude was trying to counter it with a powersink, definite difference from stifle.