The thing with combo decks is that they just sit there and do nothing, until bam, they just pull a win.
That's why I try to take seemingly harmless players off the table first.
Quote from Bi0hazardThese slivers are racists! Old slivers were all for world peace, love and acceptance.
Quote from ultratog1028"I swear, WotC could put $100 bills in packs and people would complain how they are folded."
Quote from CruxMDQI have a nagging cuestion, then: would it be possible to build an aggressive, resilient and powerful slivers deck, whichever its general is, without turning it into another cutthroat scare?
Quote from DanzBorinUnfortunately I'd say no.
People are scared of slivers no matter how you build it.
I have so many win cons I try to play my deck different all the time. That said, people don't care, they are just scared.
Voltron - Scared
Combo - Scared
Overrun - Scared
Eek out the win - Scared
Quote from CruxMDQGood to know, Danz It's been hectic for me too, hence the week-long hiatus...
Quote from CruxMDQBoth! The more options, the better... furthermore, if you got more picks to suggest, then by all means do so. (I'm at a fault, here, I haven't really looked in detail at both your picks and Gref's. I'll have it done today.)
Quote from xxsaberxxYou might want to consider running Harsh Mercy. Sure, it sucks against another tribal, but against anything else, it's still a board wipe...and it will never ever affect your own creatures too.
Quote from CruxMDQI used to, but ended up ditching it because it never resulted in removing critical creatures from play; everyone would just pick the creature type most important to them (or sometimes most important to someone else, politics and all). That was before All is Dust was released, and it promptly took its spot.
I'm adding it to the suggested cards section; maybe it works better for someone else
Quote from CruxMDQFeel free to ask away, by all means
- I'd straight away replace Clot Sliver with Crypt Sliver to begin with. Same cost and much less mana intensive.
- Also, I'd try to make room for Bladed Sliver and Bonesplitter Sliver. Since we have a lot of slivers, might as well make them as hard-hitting as we can. (I'd ditch Spined Sliver and Opaline Sliver.)
- Have you considered Coat of Arms?
- You may want to think of changelings as well. Taurean Mauler, Chameleon Colossus and Mirror Entity are the best of the lot, aside from Amoeboid Changeling. The Mauler can grow quickly into something insanely large, and the Entity can win games for you if you have enough mana.
- Whoooooa... you just made me open my eyes wide with Descendants' Path. I'm SO adding this to the recommended card list. And rest assured I'm going to toy with it when I decide to build my aggro decklist.
- Primal Surge made me smirk. Another thing worth toying with.