Quote from Turbo AmazingWell there really is no proper replacement for Force of Will honestly. This deck loves to tap out on it's turn and draw into free counters on their turn, but there are some budget options. Spell Pierce and Counterspell are both great, but if you run Mutavault or Mishra's Factory then Counterspell gets a little worse. There's nothing wrong with Mana Leak or Spell Snare either. My suggestion would be to run a variety of counters and then maybe 1 or 2 copies of Disrupting Shoal. Good luck.
Quote from silenzioI never had the possibility to spend much money on cards. I usually played this deck online, or with a few proxies irl.
I decided to cut off all the proxies and this was the list I managed to have:
Turbo Amazing's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
4 Cloud of Faeries4 Spellstutter Sprite4 Ninja of the Deep Hours1 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner4 Zephyr Sprite4 Signal Pest3 Mistblade Shinobi4 Faerie Impostor4 Preordain4 Counterspell4 Daze1 Echoing Truth4 Mishra's Factory15 Island
Quote from badrukI was thinking to something like this to remain budget friendly
XenoNinja's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
15 Island4 Faerie Conclave4 Ornithopter4 Spellstutter Sprite4 Mistblade Shinobi4 Ninja of the Deep Hours4 Cloud of Faeries4 Standstill1 Leyline of Anticipation3 Daze4 Mental Misstep3 Familiar's Ruse1 Echoing Truth2 Spell Snare1 Umezawa's Jitte2 AEther Vial
It will jsut be to play with friends and low competitive tournaments, my metagame hosts a lot of monoblack decks, rogues and monob control, or other pure faeries decks.
Any suggestion is welcome
Quote from ohhaythar2DECKLIST HERE
This is the list that I run. I replaced Standstill with Augury Owl for a few reasons which seem to come down to a matter of philosophy-
1. Augury Owl is another flyer in a deck that wants a lot of them on the field. Whereas normally I would have a field with Pest, CoF, and Standstill on T2 with 3 more cards on the way, I'm now able to set up Pest, CoF, and Owl which is going to be swinging consistently with a clock of 4 unblocked T3. It also makes us less susceptible to removal just by having more things to remove.
2. Because of the increased clock, opponents are quick to waste removal early in the game when it will cost them. On T3, your opponent has 3 lands. RUG can either play Bolt first then Goyf, or Goyf first then Bolt. Either way, he taps out and you get a lot of value out of your daze. And the Owl should have been able to ensure that another Pest or Jitte or Shinobi is on the way to keep the pressure on.
3. Augury Owl can be recurred. Whereas Standstill pops once, you can play Owl over and over to dig almost 6 cards deep into your deck. Getting crucial Jittes has never been easier. Plus, using him with Deep Hours creates a pseudo-top effect.
4. Having 4 more creatures all but guarantees a good opening hand. I hate drawing 2 daze, 1 FoW, 1 Standstill, 2 Island, 1 Deep Hours. I also hate getting hands like this when I'm mulliganning down to 5 with 1 Daze, 2 Island, 1 Standstill, 1 Deep Hours. In both cases, if Standstill was Augury Owl, I would be able to play. This is a deck that needs to have a plan T1. You're taking a huge gamble by relying on your Standstill to go get the kinds of cards that should have been in your opening hand to begin with.
5. Standstill is conditional whereas Augury Owl is an any-time spell. Owl doesn't care if you have board position yet. Standstill is irrelevant against Merfolk and DnT which are going to Vial in threats anyway. And against other fair decks, you need Shinobi usually to set up board position because our guys usually aren't swinging for much until T3 which is too late a lot of the time.
Quote from ohhaythar2
-The reason I run Drake and not Faerie Impostor is just because it can be played turn 1. This deck pretty much has to play an enabler T1, and I can't stress enough how much it sucks to mulligan past 6.
Quote from DissolutionI cannot honestly believe you aren't trolling with this idea. Standstill is a major component of the deck, removing it just makes this deck worse in every way I can imagine.
Please read the opening post if you are looking for 2-mana 1/1s to improve this deck. I mention Thalakos Seer which:
1: Shadow is better than flying in the format
2: Same increased clock, except it draws a card if removed for any reason (including exile)
3: Can also be recurred, which draws a card while ninjutsu-ed.
4: Is a creature
5: Anytime spell
The only downside I can see is that it costs UU to cast.
Perhaps you are reading the card incorrectly? If there is no other creature to return, you have to return the drake itself. Faerie Impostor is strictly better in the context of this deck (2 power, relevant creature type).
Quote from airkewld38Just thinking here, but I really like the idea of FaeNinja, and using Standstill is great too, but I think I will need to splash another color, but was wondering if two more would be too much? Adding BW making it essentially Esper colors, seems as though it might stretch it too far, I've searched a bit but didn't find any solid three color stategies. Thoughts on such an idea?
Quote from CmdrSlayerOnly notable splash I think would be black for bitterblossom
Quote from KoolMaqeSo, I'm going to try to make this deck, seems fun. Here's the build I'm starting with
ohhaythar2's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
4x Mutavault15x Island4x Daze4x Spell Pierce4x Force of Will4x Standstill2x Umezawa’s Jitte1x Sword of Fire and Ice4x Delver of Secrets3x Ornithopter2x Mistblade Shinobi2x Ninja of the Deep Hours4x Spellstutter Sprite4x Cloud of Faeries3x Signal Pest