Quote from Davidalb »Quote from FoodChainGoblins »How about Izzet Phoenix? It's the new hot ***** and putting up some serious numbers.
Won't it be another UR wizards?
Sometimes those decks come up but never stick, and the phoenixes are quiet an investment. :/ I own almost all the rest thought.
Quote from FoodChainGoblins »How about Izzet Phoenix? It's the new hot ***** and putting up some serious numbers.
Quote from Mtgthewary »Guys please opinions on japanese cards. Lost a 3/3 creature against Japan celestial colonade. This guy played all creatures and spells in english cards, but some cards in his manabase was japanese. I dont registrated this really ( my brain say its all fine and all english to me lets attack his empty board)...and i am sure it is a Kind of legal cheating. It is not ok, but i know legal. I Hate such people. I never forget colonade normally, but with this Tricks it can happen one time in 3 years and such people take advantage of this
Quote from sisicat »If I am a customer spending premium amount of dollars, I expect a premium service. Jund falls into the category of a premium deck costing more dollars than a majority of the rest of the format. I'm not getting the desired performance ratio per dollars spent out of the Jund deck because WOTC decided to make the format more diverse.
Quote from idSurge »Alright folks. I'm stepping out for a few hours and I need help.
I need a 2019 Deck. I've played what feels like everything. I need to at the very least have some counter game, I need to not fold to UW Miracles, and I cannot be a dog to Tron.
Money is not an issue, but I'm not big on Discard, and I dont play Prison.
Is there a deck that actually exists for me in Modern that I have not tried?
Quote from FoodChainGoblins »I am playing in the Grand Prix Oakland and I have narrowed it down to 5 decks, lol.
1. Cragganwick Cremator - I was 25-4 at one point with this deck, but a recent 16-16 dropped me to 41-20 with the deck. Most of this has been due to 0 land mulligans and mana flood during games. It would be fun to play this, as it's the deck I've played the most in recent times. I don't mind not making Day 2, even though I will certainly go for it because there is a PPTQ that day.
2. Abzan Company - I recently picked up the last 3 foil pieces I needed to update the deck; 3 foil Assassin's Trophy. I haven't played the deck for a while, so I don't know its place in the current meta. It seems like Jeskai has gone down, so it's probably fine. Not sure about Phoenix though.
3. Titanshift - This is my old faithful and the deck I played in 2 GPs to 11-4 and 4-1, dropping 3 matches in a row to end up 5-4. It is just so mediocre, but it's easy to play to its potential and I have infinite experience, although not much recently.
4. Grishoalbrand - I was considering bringing this back, but the lack of fair decks in the meta make this not so good apparently. The influx of more and more Tron decks, along with KCI, does make this enticing. I sure do hope Infect is on the decline if I do go with this.
5. Elves or UR Phoenix - Elves is the most fun deck for me to play in Modern. But I won't have much fun if I'm scrabbling for a 50% win rate. I played UR Phoenix in Standard 2 days in a row and I LOVED THE TASTE! It was really fun and I can imagine what I can do in Modern, even though I still believe that you need certain hands to win (if you are going the control route in a particular game, you're probably getting smashed).
So, you see. I tried to give a pretty detailed description, so please give me your reason(s) that I should choose whatever deck you believe I should. I have high expectations of myself. I feel that I can always come to the right decisions if I think about it and don't decide to purposely NOT go for them based on what I believe my opponents to have in hand or on top of their library.
Quote from BlueTronFTW »
Says it is narrowed down to five decks, then lists six