Quote from Aazadan »Update on my previous list, played it through a few rounds yesterday and through an FNM. Made a couple of small changes though, so here's the list as I ran it.
ashtonkutcher's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
Land 183 Misty Rainforest3 Scalding Tarn1 Wooded Foothills1 Prismatic Vista2 Steam Vents1 Breeding Pool1 Stomping Ground2 Island1 Forest1 Mountain2 Fiery IsletCreatures 113 Pteramander4 Delver of Secrets4 Dreadhorde ArcanistSpells 302 Ancestral Vision3 Crashing Footfalls1 Flusterstorm1 Forked Bolt2 Magmatic Insight2 Serum Visions3 Faithless Looting4 Lightning Bolt4 Opt1 Finale of Promise2 Simic Charm1 Izzet Charm3 Electrodominance1 Kari Zev's ExpertisePlaneswalkers 11 Wrenn and SixSideboard 152 Alpine Moon1 Edge of Autumn2 Force of Negation1 Grim Lavamancer1 Fury Charm2 Shenanigans1 Wheel of Fate1 Narset, Parter of Veils2 Surgical Extraction2 Collector Ouphe
The deck did alright, but there's some things I noticed:
1. Magmatic Insight didn't work out well, there's not enough lands to have enough to pitch. In theory the deck can run off of at most 3 land, but in practice you end up needing more land drops than that in order to hit all your color needs. Also, pitching a land isn't particularly useful. I think Thought Scour could better serve this slot.
2. Flusterstorm was insanely good. I'm pretty sure I want to turn the Izzet Charm into a second copy.
3. 5 0 cost cards felt right, postboard I occasionally went up to a 6th but I think more than that is asking too much. What did not feel right though was the number of enablers I had. Going up to the 4th Electrodominance is likely correct.
4. Pteramander was great when it worked, but even with 30 spells I had a hard time keeping enough in the graveyard to be able to grow it. I'm not sure what the solution here is. I've considered Bedlam Reveler, but that one can't be cheated in.
5. Wrenn and Six was very good. The -1 mode was less useful than I would have preferred, but the +1 was rather strong.
Quote from slipknot72102 »the card itself really isn't worth the card board its printed on...does it serve a purpose? Sure its a blue 1 drop that might not be a 1/1. I would not put it in a list and expect to win a PTQ or GP though.
Quote from ashtonkutcher »In my testing, I found that Pteramander demands a bulky suite of enablers. Looting is great, but Scour is also necessary IMO. It's also pretty nice with Arcanist, as you can hit 0-drops, and even Delver, as you can tear bad Delver hits off the top.
How do people play against G-Tron? That deck really had me against the ropes.
Modern: MONKEY GROW & Amulet TitanLegacy: RG LandsEDH: Merieke Ri Berit Esper Good stuff
Quote from ObnixilisNate »I noticed you took out tarfire in every match.
Personally I don't like the card right now. I'm super scared to drop shoals but not playing hoots/scour seems like a direction we could go.
Quote from BloodyRabbit_01 »How do people play against G-Tron? That deck really had me against the ropes.
Play 4 Force of Negation. Seriously, it changes the flow of so many games against so many decks. Tron is one of them.