Hello Cube Enthusiasts! The Ranking Project Continues!
This thread is to vote on your top 20 LANDS cards for cube per the following prompt:
Please rank the top 20 (Lands) cards in cube in consideration of the below factors:
- How critical this card is to winning.
- How frequently you would maindeck this card in a deck playing this color/guild/shard/wedge (or just in general if colorless).
- How important is this card within your cube.
Voting: You have from M-F to vote for your top 20. You can only vote for cards printed through M20 (this includes anything from M20).
Please list your top 20 using a numbered list with Spoiler Tags/Card Tags (see my vote for a formatting example).
You do not have to vote for options you do not personally have experience with, but you certainly may if you feel comfortable doing so.
Votes after Friday are not guaranteed to count (same goes for edits). Nothing other than your votes should be posted here and no partial lists will be accepted.
Results will be compiled and presented by the Sunday following the day you voted.
What cards go here and what cards do not
* Lands that have any kind of colored cost are categorized as that color or combination of colors. That means Treetop Village is considered GREEN, while Raging Ravine and Kessig Wolf Run are both considered red/green (Gruul) GUILD.
* Lands that produce only one color of mana were also categorized as that color. Anything that produces more colors is to be voted here. So Tolarian Academy is a BLUE card, but Vivid Creek is voted on here as a LAND card, just like any 'dual land' that doesn't fall in the above rule about cost.
* Remember that the draft-referencing Conspiracy land Paliano, the High City can be voted for here, but the silver-bordered lands City of Ass, R&D's Secret Lair and Mishra’s Toy Workshop cannot.
Voting on Similar Cards
- While I recognize that many cubes prefer to mix and match cycles based on what is most desirable for a given guild, the voting here is by cycle. E.G. the Fastlands (Copperline Gorge and company) are 1 entry on your list.
- Using cycle names would be a big help to me so I don't have to spend extra time identifying the cycle you reference with a single card while compiling. Known cycles include:
Hmmm...thought I was sticking to 2016's script but I pretty clearly ruled out manlands in the guild voting....So, yeah Manlands need to go here if not there. I will let everyone who has voted know by PM and adjust the OP. Thank You.
Edit: I have included manlands as an eligible vote. Please note that these are voted on as a cycle (meaning 1 slot only) just like the others. I know many people break them up and only run some, but we didn't discuss changing are voting process for lands from previous years in the main project thread so this is how we are proceeding.