Dear Evil_Never_Dies, again the sphynx may be restricted by a secret lair printing and the lack of in lore of why a phyrexian sphynx could be on such a plane like Amonkhet and caring about younglings, true, But, again, the paladins alread are in that gray area were their new type don’t fit their art (explain to anyone that 7th edition black paladins are zombies) and again those 2 paladins even in their “odd” printing can and fit the phyrexian creature type, not only in lore (Sleeper Agent)(the only plane specific cards and flavor text are refereeing dominaria’ regions) in both cards but also in flavor (sleeper agents attacking and trying to destroy possible focus of resistance for the soon to come invasion)(also theres some phyrexia’ machinery in that core set)
Just to be clear, the sphynx even if it would be odd for a amonket incarnation to be a phyrexian, the two black paladins from 7th edition perfectly fits this type and lets be fair the two don’t look like zombies.
- Registered User
Member for 8 years, 6 months, and 19 days
Last active Thu, Jun, 17 2021 16:44:05
- 0 Followers
- 5,838 Total Posts
- 651 Thanks
Jun 13, 2021leslak posted a message on on MTGO........ The errata update we all been waiting for....Phyrexian Creature type update (added text version of cards)Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Jun 12, 2021leslak posted a message on on MTGO........ The errata update we all been waiting for....Phyrexian Creature type update (added text version of cards)1) Paladins have no real story implication or setting. There are cards refering dominaria on 7th eddition and thats about it.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
2) Saying the black paladins can’t be phyrexian because they don’t look phyrexian but still forgot that there were a bunch of phyrexians that looked like normal people (the sleeper agents).
3) Saying the black paladins don’t look phyrexian in 7th edition is a no for the phyrexian errata, but they don’t look like zombies too, and guess what? They received a errata to be a zombie around 2010-2008(idk). But again, the phyrexia errata would work on Urza’s saga block art plus 7th edition’s art because phyrexians can look like “normal people”
4) I don’t even care about the sphynx lol, and yes the amonkhet printing could be the resson for not including it as a phyrexian
5) Again phyrexian don’t need to look like horrors, in Urza’s block they explained that phyrexia was infiltrating other planes and dominaria by sending sleeper agents that had the only mission of infiltrating (looking like normal people) and making sure a posterior invasion would be easy (soo sabotage their defenses, etc). Explain what 2 random black paladins attacking and making unnecessary war against other regions doesn’t feet on the sleeper agents’ philosophy of sabotage? Explain to me why the black paladins from 7th edition are zombies.
6) Let me ask you something: Are Paladins clearly zombie-like in the first print but not so in another reprint?
7) And for you original question: No, since they presented Xantcha and K’rrik on the story it is clear that Sleeper Agents are a thing, and they will attack and cause havoc when they see fit. Trying to imply that the black paladins could not be phyrexian because they don’t look like phyrexians is just a dumb argument.
8) Again: I don’t care about the Sphynx, never asked why (in this thread and others conversations even irl) she isn’t, from what we know from the sleeper agents (ie: phyrexians that look like normal ppl) they were mostly humanoid, soo saying that the amonket one is a sleeper agent would not fit as much as saying 2 human looking paladins causing havoc and a unnecessary war on what it seems like a “random” place on dominaria years before the phyrexian invasion of the plane… you know 2 human looking characters doing exactly what you would except from a sleeper agent… but ok, if you don’t belive them are phyrexians you can’t continue using them as zombies that breathes eat drink are completely sentient have blood flowing on the body and can be killed just like a human.
Jun 11, 2021leslak posted a message on on MTGO........ The errata update we all been waiting for....Phyrexian Creature type update (added text version of cards)Posted in: The Rumor MillQuote from Evil Never Dies »
2) it is not consistent because neither Eastern or Western Paladin should had been phyrexianized then, since 7th art edition give them a completely different non-phyrexian flavor, exactly like in the sphinx case.
1) the black paladins didn’t get the phyrexian creature type on their first printing because r&d didn’t want to include it as a creature type, on their art from Urza’s it is pretty clear that they are phyrexian.
Later on one of the Great creature type revision they got the Zombie creature type but only their Urza’s saga block art fits as zombies while in their 7th art they look very human and alive. If they got changed for phyrexian then the creature type makes sense for both art: On Urza’s block they are compleated and on 7th eddition they can be infiltrated sleeper agents who maybe gonne rogue (like Xantcha for exemple).
2) The only lore we get from 7th is that all paladins are missing an eye (that are replaced by a magic stone) and the black paladins are in war with the white ones and also with other races, also from all the arts its pretty clear that the black paladins are not ZOMBIES and they both have some corruption powers, and none of this lore invalidates them to have the Phyrexian creature type, heck, 7th eddition is speculated to be set on Dominaria before the Phyrexian invasion (that was the set that came right after(or before) it).
For a short answear: both the black paladins being zombies make no sense judging by their arts, both black paladins as phyrexians would fit their art quite well.
Jun 4, 2021Dungeons can go into the sideboard. You can play them from your hand by paying the mana cost or get to use one of a sideboard when you venture in the dungeon. Each dungeon is a enchatment-saga type card. Each dungeon has an static effect 2 challengers and one reward. You compleat the dungeon by paying or doing whats in the challenger part of it and doing both, for exemplePosted in: The Rumor Mill
"At the begguing of each turn ~~ deals 2 damage to each creature, planeswalker and player"
Challenge 1: Tap up to any number of creatures you control: If the total power amoung creatures tapped for this cost was 8+ complete.
Challenge 2: Discard up to 2 cards: if the total CMC is 10 or more complete.
Compleat: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one creature and draw a card.
Just my 2 sents.
It could also be somewhat similar to warlord saga of the storm and each dungeon have a static ability and to complete one you just need to tap creatures (maybe tap a party) with equal or higher power than the challenger rating of it.
Well lets wait.
Jun 3, 2021Well, a missed opportunity to fix the black paladins' creature type:Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Western Paladin Western Paladin Western Paladin
Eastern Paladin Eastern Paladin Eastern Paladin
And finally fix the inconsistency of the Zombie creature type for the 7th eddition ones (on Urza Saga they wanted to give them the phyrexian type but it got ruled out, and later they added zombie as a erata )
Also if they did, 7th eddition would be "officially" about another phyrexian invasion (maybe due to the oil)
May 31, 2021leslak posted a message on [MH2] Arcbound Javelineer, Specimen Collector, Radiant Epicure, Slag Strider, and Wren's Run Hydra— Lords of Limited previewOh, a Lorwyn hydraPosted in: The Rumor Mill
May 30, 2021leslak posted a message on [MH2] - GoConvertblue — Chainer, Nightmare adept reprint (non-foil printing)Great for the madness theme in drafts. Idk for modern but could work just for haste sake.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
May 28, 2021leslak posted a message on [MH2] Cassius Marsh -- Titania, Protector of Argoth ReprintHumm i kinda hope she is umplayable.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
May 27, 2021leslak posted a message on [MH2] Legion Vanguard and Dermotaxi— Brent Vos previewsWhere was Legion Vanguard in Ixalan Standard?....Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Dermotaxi just need flash to pitch a Eldrazi.
May 27, 2021leslak posted a message on [MH2] Lonis, Cryptozoologist— DeejayKnight previewIf u could put lands into play it would be busted lolPosted in: The Rumor Mill
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.