Quote from Paradox Omega »Been a while since I posted and I see we're in a new thread. I wanted to share my updates post-WAR. I 4-1'd with the deck in a comp league on MTGO as well as collab'd with Janh, the guy that trophies a lot on MTGO with Saheeli. We're still tuning, but here's where I'm at and I'm really enjoying this list. I won't be posting regular updates here, just when I think I've found something important, so if you wanna keep up with my progress on the deck you can follow me on twitter.
WAR Jeskai SaheeliMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
Creatures (11):3 Wall of Omens4 Snapcaster Mage4 Felidar GuardianPlaneswalkers (6):2 Teferi, Time Raveler4 Saheeli RaiEnchantments (5):4 Spreading Seas1 Detention SphereInstants/Sorceries (16):4 Lightning Bolt4 Path to Exile4 Serum Visions3 Remand1 Cryptic CommandLands (22):2 Celestial Colonnade4 Flooded Strand4 Scalding Tarn1 Arid Mesa2 Steam Vents2 Hallowed Fountain1 Sacred Foundry1 Glacial Fortress1 Sulfur Falls2 Island1 Plains1 MountainSideboard (15):2 Stony Silence1 Rest in Peace1 Anger of the Gods2 Narset, Parter of Veils2 Ashiok, Dream Render1 Dispel1 Dovin's Veto1 Detention Sphere1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar1 Engineered Explosives2 Vendilion Clique
1) Teferi, Time Raveler is the real deal. Protects the combo from interaction and has natural synergy with our ETB creatures. I can't stress enough how good this card is for us.
2) 4 Lightning Bolt / 0 Lightning Helix is purely a meta call for the MTGO meta. If you expect burn and assorted aggro, make some sort of split (3/2 worked well for me in the past).
3) 3 Remand is a response to the uptick Humans where we really can't leverage them. Cryptic Command takes the 4th Remand slot as it is a versatile spell that gives you outs to random hosers which are more common these days due to Whir Prison and new Karn.
4) Ashiok, Dream Render is absolutely amazing. Cross performs against Tron, Storm, Amulet, Dredge and many more. Card has been outstanding. Note that you can reset it with Felidar Guardian when its down to 1 counter.
5) Narset, Parter of Veils, in conjunction with new Teferi, allows us to attack control from an angle we couldn't previously. This card, while strong, hasn't been as great as I expected it to be, and I may cut down to 1 copy in the board moving forward. Narset may benefit more in the presence of more hard counters.
Happy to answer any questions. WAR brings us a lot of new toys, such as the 3cmc walkers and even Dovin's Veto, which I'm very excited to continue brewing and tuning with.
Quote from Jaybaseball1 »Quote from BourbonFox »Looking for a SB replacement for my Phoneix match up. I don't have any surgicals, so it's Crypts or Spellbombs? What's the pick here? Is the 1 mana that important?
I am personally on 1 surgical 2 spellbombs because I don't have the other 2 surgicals. Just my thing though, I like them.
Quote from BourbonFox »Looking for a SB replacement for my Phoneix match up. I don't have any surgicals, so it's Crypts or Spellbombs? What's the pick here? Is the 1 mana that important?
Quote from Doctor Edge »Maindeck I can't see why we would want creatures like a v clique against control, could you help me understand your choice? I love the card but don't see why we would want it necessary for control mu's. We have no other targets for their removal as a whole, so it is going to be in the yard either way right? Maybe more so against jeskai than blue white but still. I like lingering souls a lot more than mardu charm, but I guess versatility is something to consider.
Quote from Doctor Edge »In the blue matches, I feel cards get stranded in my hand (especially lands) if I don't have garga and or high density of posts. How can RB have a better percent against blue if we aren't actually hitting their lands?