Quote from leslak »Kinda odd moving this thread to speculation. Leaks were always on Rumor mill main page, even if not confirmed or fake(when confirmed fake the thread would be closed).
Quote from user-11102155 »Quote from netn10 »The dinosaur in the middle has a jet fighter shooting at it... No way this is real.
yea, those will be the new vehicles... this spoiler is so real!
Quote from netn10 »The dinosaur in the middle has a jet fighter shooting at it... No way this is real.
Quote from protoaddict »Quote from Athreos »Although nobody commented on that because most of us are too busy being proud of our arrogance, I just wanted to remind you that drawing a card and giving trample to a creature for 1G seems pretty sweet.
You forgot uncounterable. My foiled out Modern Living End deck is literally dripping with anticipation if he's 8/8 or larger.
Quote from Athreos »Although nobody commented on that because most of us are too busy being proud of our arrogance, I just wanted to remind you that drawing a card and giving trample to a creature for 1G seems pretty sweet.
Quote from doc.brown »is evryone ignoring the fact that the hybrid mana symbol is bigger than the other mana sybols on the same line?
these are SO fake it's not even funny
Quote from LeyShade »
I can do lists too!
1) At current, the information presented is that Hasbro owns a license to produce and market Monopoly and Jenga themed games using material associated with the Toho properties of 'Godzilla'. A license to make card games is held by Jasco Games. The license for video games is between multiple studios. If you're going to give out information as facts, please make sure to list the facts.
this means nothing
2) As already established, it doesn't match the text Maro gave. It's based 'on' the text Maro gave, the same way as the fake Commander deck list was. Similarity is not 'the same' and is not 'matching'.
nope, the commander "leaks" had 0 similarities with the hints
3) See previously: "Prowess, Dredge and Banding are also mechanics. The virtue of them being mechanics doesn't mean they are returning. Gavin saying eight are returning doesn't mean Cycling is definitely one of them."
4) See previously: "They've also claimed many other things are unlike anything they've ever done in Magic. They said the same about Oko's release, WOTS increased PW number, Time Spiral's 'planeshifted' cards, the new release schedule, the release of C20 in conjunction with Ikoria. They've even said it about Bolas' first PW card. It's not something to get excited about if you've heard it so many times."
this means nothing again
5) As a cursory Google search revealed, all of those artists have worked on franchises outside of Magic before. Claiming it's 'their style' is irrelevant. It's whom commissioned the work that's important. (Fakes have credited real artists before, while pulling their work from non WOTC affiliated sources).
link those sources then please. I can't wait for this new godzilla cardgame that is coming out, then.
6) WOTC's own design and promotion rules prevent them releasing uncommon cards as Boxtoppers (see their documents on product design). Also, there being four different boxtoppers is unlikely, it actually lowers sales. See: Yu-Gi-Oh, UFS/UniVersus and MLP (also owned by Wizards). (As of last known iteration).
the biggest bull*****. Ultimate master had like 40 box toppers. The same will happen for ikoria
7) The arts are all available on Google, if you actually look. Saying 'you can't', when you've yourself not tried, is a fallacy.
post link then
Quote from SilvosRogueElemental » Clearly they would have designed creatures to be stand-ins for film kaiju, so making the Godzilla stand-in a basic creature is like sacrilege.
Quote from Ernart » I'm not trying to be smart, your just being gullible to be fooled by this one and overthinking using that statement as a justify that probablity of this fakes being true.
Quote from Ernart » Look even they are box-toppers they need alternate names like Ryperior said and most of are already faulty to begin with. Do you really expect a card named GODZILLA and a non-legendary? thats pretty much dumb.
Quote from Ernart »
Look even this collab sense has a decent visual composition and address everything that a mtg card does compare to that fake that you accept that fault in the design and missed stuff to be true because of this statement
Quote from Ernart »People nowadays are over thinking and over analyzing fakes like this one.
There are modern buildings and jets in the background pointed out by almost everyone in the earlier comments in the thread. They are not even legendary.
Even if this would be license, the nearest plausible of this kind of crossover is beyond UN-sets if this was part of a commander related set if there is a chance but not something that is part of the official narative in mtg universe.
As far as I remember the probable is just like this kind of collaboration.
But will never be part of the mainstream set.
Quote from Athreos »Quote from ilovesaprolings »Well they are experimenting with a new way to do promos and, since the reaction here, i guess it will be a one time thing only
Are we sure about that? Magic Arena players hated playing Brawl for 10k gold, made a website so they can do matchmaking for free, and Wizards called it a success. Plus, if they ever listened to us, we'd have fetchlands every two sets.
Quote from ilovesaprolings »Well they are experimenting with a new way to do promos and, since the reaction here, i guess it will be a one time thing only
Quote from Krampiszman »
People are way too willing to say something that is outlandish or strange is fake. Magic in the last couple of years has been nothing if not full of weird, unheard of cards and mechanics.
Quote from Xcric »i also don't like what any of them do. putting keywords on counters is an interesting idea i suppose, but that's going to be a bitch to track. i don't find these all that interesting at all.
Quote from rowanalpha »Devil's Advocate
Box toppers are actual cards in the set, with alt art and an extra name line
Quote from FlossedBeaver »I honestly don't get what he thinks he'd be accomplishing, apart from spiting the company he claims to want to support because... they're in cahoots with WotC and the pandemic to take the money he would spend anyways? Canceling the order doesn't provide any benefit if he actually wants the cards. And clearly we have no idea what kind of situation his family is in, where he can afford to buy two boxes of fancy cardboard while the economy tanks for everyone else.
Quote from Scarap » It's cut off in the picture but with the [U/B] hybrid on the activated ability that card is definitely BUG in color identity, if not in casting cost.